Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Obc certificate eligibility

After the death of father, will only the income of mother be counted for the purpose of OBC NCL certificate or the income of both mother and deceased father be counted?

DoPT OM says nothing about such a case. 
If father's income will still be counted then how and from where to obtain the salary slip or income certificate of father especially when all accounts of father have been closed and there is no record of ITR?

Kindly guide me.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     23 July 2024

Any deceased person cannot have any source of income.

Accordingly your question is not clear as to how you have presumed inclusion of income of mother with her husband who is stated to have left the World.

1 Like

(Guest)

Sir,

Since previous three years income has to be seen and in that context I was asking whether the income of my father when he was alive will be considered or not?

kindly guide.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 July 2024

In the case of OBC (Other Backward Classes) sub-category Non-Creamy Layer (NCL), the income considered for determining the creamy layer status is that of the: 1. _Candidate's parents_: The gross annual income of the candidate's parents from all sources is taken into account. 2. _Candidate's spouse_: If the candidate is married, the spouse's income is also included. 3. _Candidate's own income_: The candidate's own income, if any, is also considered. The income ceiling for OBC-NCL is currently set at: - Rs. 8 lakhs per annum (for the financial year 2023-24) If the combined income of the candidate, their parents, and spouse exceeds this limit, they may be considered part of the creamy layer and ineligible for OBC-NCL benefits. Note: The income ceiling may be revised periodically, so it's essential to check the latest guidelines or consult with the relevant authorities for the most up-to-date information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register