Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari (Engineer)     08 March 2013

Correction of age in sale deed

Hi, 

I got my flat registered on Feb. 2007. (Directly from the builder) in Bangalore.

Only recently I noticed that the age mentioned in the sale deed was wrong. My age at that time was 28. It was mentioned as 64 somehow. Every other detail in Sale deed is right including PAN number.

Now, I want to sell my flat. So, I have 2 questions. 

1. Do I need to get this error rectified to sell this flat ?

2. What is the procedure to get this rectified ? If a correction deed needs to be executed, does that require all the signatures which are in the original sale deed ? 

Since PAN number mentioned in the document is right, PAN card contains date of birth, Is it possible to execute this correction without requiring all signatures ? Trcacking down builder to come for executing correction deed is tough.

Alternatively, is it possible to do a deed of declaration to fix this issue ?

Best Regards,

Hari

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   08 March 2013

It should be rectified by a Deed of Rectification to be executed by the vendor/seller,otherwise you can declare and affirm your actual age by an Affidavit before the Judicial Magistrate.

Advocate M.Bhadra   08 March 2013

It should be rectified by a Deed of Rectification which have to be execute by the Vendor/Seller.Otherwise you can declare and affirm your actual age by an Affidavit before the Judicial Magistrate.

Hari (Engineer)     08 March 2013

Mr. Minansu,

Thanks for the reply.

In option 1, do you mean "deed of rectification" can be done by the Vendor only who has done the original sale deed ? OR do I also need to call seller (builder, in my case) who has originally signed the sale deed ?

Best Regards,

Hari

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register