Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (na)     12 July 2024

Crl-p at high court, can accused defend himself in high court ?

Respected Lawyers,

1. My close friend was harassed & terminated from a IT company
  2. He protested peacefully/silently in front of company
  3. Company files WP in High Court praying to stop my friends' protest(w/o making my friend a party)
  4. Hon. High Court disposes WP w/o honoring co's prayer
  5. Co. files fake IPC 341, 501, 503 and 505
  6. Friend hires big lawyer, lawyer gets IO in fav of Co & not my friend, returns file (with NOC)
  7. Another Sr. lawyer attends two sessions and is reluctant to get quashing and is postponing (>14 months)
  8.  QUESTION : My friend attending High Court sessions regularly and wants to defend himself, can an accused argue before Hon. High Court himself ? Procedure in brief PLEASE. 

THANKS in Advance 

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 July 2024

Its alright but why do you post this information in this website, are you looking to develop your business opportunties  by this

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 July 2024

The earlier post which was irrelevant to this forum has been replaced with the current one.

Well the accused can file a memo before high court registrar seeking permission to appear as party in person by following the procedures for this. 

1 Like

Pradeep (na)     13 July 2024

Thank You Sir Sri. Kalaiselvan 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 July 2024

You are welcome.....

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 July 2024

Yes, an accused person can argue their own case in a high court for their defense, but it's not always advisable. This is known as "self-representation" or "pro se representation". While it's possible, it's important to consider the following: - Legal expertise: High court proceedings involve complex legal issues, and without sufficient legal knowledge, the accused may struggle to present their case effectively. - Emotional involvement: Being emotionally invested in the case can cloud judgment and impact the ability to present a strong defense. - Time-consuming: Preparing and presenting a case requires significant time and effort. If the accused chooses self-representation, they should: - Research the law and procedures - Organize evidence and witnesses - Prepare legal arguments - Be prepared for questioning by the prosecution It's often recommended to have a qualified lawyer represent the accused to ensure the best possible defense.

1 Like

Pradeep (na)     13 July 2024

Dear Rama Chary Rachakonda Sir, Appreciate every word of your post, it makes sense. 

First counsel was Govt designated Sr. Lawyer, approved IO in favor of opposite party , returned file with NOC & refunded entire fees.

Second Counsel was supposed to move memo in High Court after 2023 summer vacations, now 2024 summer vacations are over, he is hesitant to move memo. Second counsel has not taken any fees even if offered !! 

My friend has approached both counsels through common friends, yet justice is so far away. Sad but true.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register