LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav (Engineer)     17 January 2014

Divorce - medition

I have filed a divorce case and mediation is going on.

Outside the court, mediator is saying that give me 40,000/- and i will prepare the report in ur favour and submits in the court. Than you will get the quick divorce based on the report submitted by me. 

He said that he will mention that the girl also don't want to live, she is demanding 3-5 lacs to settle the case etc ... 

I would like to know whether mediator has a power to write anything against one party in the report and judge will take the action based on his report or not ?

I have a doubt on mediator and suspect that he will take 40,000/- from me but in the report will mention 10-15 lacs amount (Instead of 3-5 lacs what he told me ) to settle the case.

Please advise how to proceed.

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     17 January 2014

Dear,

He is just the officer of the court and cannot do so, if the other party is not agreeing to the same then its useless. Don't do all this, better contest the case properly.

Advocate Kapil Chandna

aap (manager)     17 January 2014

Mediator cant do and write anything against the will of other party both parties should come to agreement and both the parties sign the agreement then only that report is sent buy the mediator to the court and if the compromise is successful then the court will ask both of u to come and tell the court and the court will mention same thing in the order tooo

Q Slinger (NA)     17 January 2014

You should also record the conversation of the mediator and have him reported. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register