Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

renu (consultant)     19 January 2016

Divorce to a already married man

I need help.

I consulted to a lawyer but didnot received appropriate help. 

I got married to a man in year 2010 and since today I am staying with him. when i married he was already married and his cases were going on, he got divoriced to his 1st wife in year 2012. he misused my with every angle by using my salary, physically and emotionally and now from last 3 years he left his Job also i came to know all his qualificational documents are fake. he is surviving on my salary only and not doing anything. Now i decided to final break this relation ship though the lawyer said it will take at least 6 months time for divorce.

can somebody please suggest what to do and how to get rid from this. I stays in Ghaziabad and got married in Delhi.

Learning

3 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     20 January 2016

Don't delay.File divorce petitione You need not bother about the previous marriage.It should be filed at the place of marriage or the place where you lived last with him.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     20 January 2016

Legally speaking UR marriage with him is null and void as the marriage took place 2 yrs prior to his divorce. If U really want to get separated from him,U can file a case for suppression of facts regarding earlier marriage. Better consult a capable family lawyer.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     20 January 2016

I agree with Mr. Sainath.  If your married occured in 2010 and you have valid proof of that and his divorce with other marriage happened in 2012 and you obtain certified copy of the divorce decree, then proper course of action is not to file divorce case, but to file a case of nullity and your marriage with him will be declared null and void.  If he wants to resist, even criminal case also you can file against him for cheating you by marriage while earlier marriage was subsisting.  Go ahead, and do not waste time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register