Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nasheed Khan   26 July 2024

Education certificate

Hi , In 2023 I got a seat in Tspgecet on reporting day I have submitted my original documents as thy said that I can handover my certificates to them Freely cz I want to go for the second counselling To getseat in my local area but unfortunately I didn't get. Thn i went to the clg n I ask the management to return my doc. But thy are asking me to pay the fee of the complete course of 3yrs ...

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 July 2024

it would not be permissible for the institutions /universities , to retain the school leaving certificate ,marksheets,caste certificate and other documents in original.”

Certificates of a student are not fixed deposits in banks over which an educational institution can claim right of possession till a monetary claim is settled, the Madras high court has said while directing a private school to issue all the documents to a student which it refused to hand over citing fee arrears.

Justice M Sundar recalled the court’s repeated observation that the certificates of a student are  student’s property and cannot be retained by an educational citing monetary claim.  

The court also observed that it is open to the institute to file a suit for recovery before a civil court if ther was any balance of fee or arrears of fees to be paid by the petitioner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register