Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maya   08 August 2024

Educational law

"I hereby declare that once I join the course, I will not be permitted to discontinue from the course after the time given for such withdrawal. In case of discontinuation due to unavoidable reasons, I agree to pay the remaining tuition fee for the entire duration of the course." 

This is a clause in the declaration form in my college.. I plan to change the college after first year. How can I make sure that the college will return all my docs that I had submitted (TC and migration certificate and marksheets) without being asked to pay full fees? Do I sign this clause or do I edit it myself in the document digitally and sign? Will it cause any problems? The college I'm planning to change to is IITM. Is this declaration form valid legally?

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 August 2024

You may edit the form digitally using your computer brain and intelligence but to your sorrow, this rules are the part of the regulations of the college, you cannot alter or erase the original rules or regulations.

If you have an idea of changing the college after first year, why don't you choose a better college now itself even before joinging this college.

No doubt it would be long drawn legal process to get back your documents, which may ultimately depend on certain compromises, but you will get back the documents, the college authorities have no rights to retain your certificates for any reason.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     09 August 2024

The terms and conditions of the course have been accepted by you at the time of taking admission, accordingly the college shall insist upon payment of full fees.

However, discuss with college authority and seek an obligation, if they agree.

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 August 2024

Such terms and conditions are inconsistent with the norms laid down by the UGC and the rulings of various Courts. It is impermissible for the Educational institutions to circumvent extant norms through terms and conditions imposed unilterally.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register