Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reformist !!! (Other)     01 April 2014

Ex-party (evidence of opposite party stage)

Hi,

I have filed a case in Consumer court. Opposite party did not appeared after proper notice serving. On one date, their lawyer appeared and submitted his memo. After that again he did not appeared on next 2 dates. Meanwhile, more than 2 months got passed without reply from Opposite party. So, judge ordered for proceedings as ex-party.

And the case was set for our evidence proceedings. We filed our evidences. Now judge again gave chance to other party for rebutting the evidence i.e. on next date.

Can you pl. share the latest judgments from NCDRC (Hon’ble National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission) OR any State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission where opportunity has not been given to the OP to rebut the evidence of the complainant. 

Please, a quick reply is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Learning

4 Replies

Shivesh Sinha (Legal Adviser)     02 April 2014

Dear Reformist !!!

I have perused your statements with regard to the order of the learned DCF providing thereby the Opp. Party for rebutting the evidences brought on record by the complainant in an ex parte proceeding as against the said O.P.

As per said statement I understand that the ex parte proceedings order is not recalled and even then opportunity to O.P. has been given to rebut the evidences on record brought by the complainant.

Further you have sought reference of any decision passed by NCDRC or any SCDRC in alike matter.

In response to above status, I would like to advise you to file a petition in the court to recall its said order allowing thereby the said O.P. to rebut your evidences brought on case record, on the grounds stated below :-

• As per mandatory provisions laid u/s 13 (2) (b) (ii) and [(3-A)] it is incumbent upon the learned Forum to hear the complainant and settle the dispute without going back to its own order for ex parte proceeding as against the said O.P., who has failed to make any action as well failed to file their version within the time given so far by the court
  • The said ex parte order is not recalled and which is not the status of proceedings before passing its erroneous order for rebutting evidences by O.P. against whom instant proceeding is fixed for ex parte
  • All the provisions of the Civil Procedure Code are not applicable to the proceedings before the redressal forum constituted under the C.P.Act,1986 [COPRA] and only certain specific provisions enumerated in Sec. 13(4) of the Act, 1986 are made applicable to such proceedings
  • The Order for rebutting evidences by the O.P. in ex parte proceedings against them is an excessive exercise of the jurisdiction of the learned DCF and bad in the eyes of law, subject to REVISION by the concerned State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (SCDRC).

AND even on your said petition if the DCF allows said O.P. to rebut the your evidences, you are advised to file a Revision Petition [R.P.] u/s 17 [(1)] (b) of COPRA before the Hon'ble SCDRC as against said order; though you may file suggested R.P. even without filing the petition as said above, but said filling of R.P. after exhausting your right to restrain the court, below (DCF) in its erroneous exercise of jurisdiction would get a weigh in your Revision Petition ad hence advised so.

Probably the suggested R.P. before SCDRC at your end and its outcome would be a precedence.

Hope, my above response might have given some focus on remedy, available so far as against such an erroneous order of DCF.

For any further advise & assistance in this matter, please feel free to approach me.

Thanking you,

SHIVESH KUMAR SINHA, Advocate Cum Legal Adviser, www.powertoconsumer.in

G. Y. Sharma (Advocate)     25 May 2014

Dear Reformist !!!

My learned friend Mr. Shivesh Sinha, Advocate has very clearly elucidated the concept. Nothing more to say any more further. I sincerely agree with his valuable opinion which is dealt in all respects. I sincerely invite the kind attention and dedication of such Experts to our 'LAWYERS CLUB INDIA'. Thanks to my learned friend once again.

Truly Yours,

G. YADAGIRI SHARMA,

M. Com., LL.M.,

G. AMRUTHA KUMARI,

M. Com., LL.M.,

ADVOCATES

H. No. 2-1-178/1, 100 Feet Road

Vidyaranyapuri, Hanumakonda.

WARANGAL DISTRICT – 506 001

*: 98 493 45 755 – *: 99 66 45 66 85

gysharmaadv@gmail.com

Shivesh Sinha (Legal Adviser)     26 May 2014

Dear Mr. G. Yadagiri Sharma and Mr. G. Amrutha Kumari,

Please accept my heartiest thanks for your such courteous comment about me.
I feel pleasure to invite you to visit a website, launched by me by name of www.powertoconsumer.in And be pleased to extend your valuable comment/view over the same by linking its FB : http//facebook.com/powertoconsumer.in
I also feel pleasure to invite your offer for our FB friendship shiveshkumarsinha@gmail.com

Thanks,
SHIVESH SINHA,
Advocate Cum Legal adviser to www.powertoconsumer.in

Shivesh Sinha <shivesh@powertoconsumer.in>

1:14 PM (1 hour ago)

to gysharmaadv
Please do not read "Mr." - prefixed to G. Amtutha Kumari
Regret for !

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     28 May 2014

Thanks, I really appreciate the responds.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register