LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gurvinder Pal Singh   08 October 2015

Extra ordinary leave after 10 days of joining

I am to join a central govt department by 21st October but my sister's marriage is due next month. I being the elder son of the family have to shoulder all responsibilities of the marriage. I wanted an extension in joining and called the department for extension. They replied that I should send them a written application and then they will see what they can do. I am pretty sure by their attitude that, they are not going to give me any extension. If no extension is given, then I will join the department by 18th.

Now my question is what are the options availavle to me. Can I apply for an extraordinary leave 5 days after joining the department.

If there is anything else I could do

Learning

7 Replies

kameswarao S (Head HR)     08 October 2015

Positively the employer will accept your request for extension of your joining date rather than allowing you to go on leave after joining however you have already informed in writting for extension and by this they knows your requirement hence there won't be any issue even you go on leave for 5 days after your joining.

Gurvinder Pal Singh   08 October 2015

Hello Sir

Thanks for replying. I want 30 days leave after joing the duty not 5 days leave. Do you think it is possible ?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 October 2015

Probably you though you may get extension without written request

Gurvinder Pal Singh   09 October 2015

Hello Sir.

I knew written request is neceaary. I thought about enquiring about it first by calling them. Though their response isnt positive, I have sent the request. I will call them after the letter reaches the department.

Do you think I can get a  month EOL , after joining the dept for 5 days.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 October 2015

"Do you think I can get a month EOL , after joining the dept for 5 days." THIS IS NOT ASTROLOGICAL FORUM.

Gurvinder Pal Singh   10 October 2015

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar
"Do you think I can get a month EOL , after joining the dept for 5 days." THIS IS NOT ASTROLOGICAL FORUM.

Do you think , central govt service rules will allow me to do that

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 October 2015

Originally posted by : Gurvinder Pal Singh

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar

Do you think , central govt service rules will allow me to do that

absolutely discretion of your boss. He may or may not recommend.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register