Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Singh (Assistant Manager (Finance) )     15 September 2024

Fraud in old mobile exchange

Dear All, 

I bought one mobile from Amazon.in

I also exchanged one old mobile phone with the above order. 

At the time of placing order I was offered Rs 2250/- as exchange value. 

But at the time of delivery the delivery person determined the value lower than Rs 2250/-.

The delivery person collected the difference of Rs 1650/- from me and delivered the new mobile phone and picked up older one. 

But I didn't received the purchase invoice of old phone from Amazon till date. I wrote to Amazon on this issue but they didn't provided the invoice. Amazon informed that the old device is picked up by third party purchaser. But the third party must have paid the value of old phone to Amazon as the Amazon requires full sale amount either from the customer or third party purchaser. Amazon not even disclosed the amount at which the old mobile was sold. 

I have a doubt on the integrity of delivery person as he may have booked the old phone at a higher price than the amount offered to me and kept the difference amount in his pocket. This doubt is getting strong by the fact that Amazon is supporting the delivery person by not providing the actual sale price of old device.

Can I go to consumer court over this possible fraud by Amazon or it's delivery partner on public interest basis as the amount which I might have lost is low, but if this kind of act is done by delivery agents all over the country then the total value shall be much higher. As I sold my old device is it not my right to get the invoice of sold product which must have been generated in any case by the purchaser as the same is required by law. Further, I have paid the difference amount to delivery person by UPI can I present this as proof to consumer court. 

I request the comments on this matter from learned advocates of community. 

Thank you

Regards

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 September 2024

You make a complaint against the delivery boy. 

It's a fraudulent act done by the delivery boy  because the Amazon will not entertain any such payment to the personal UPI of any delivery boys. 

Please remember that the invoice will be generated by the seller and not buyer. 

Ankit Singh (Assistant Manager (Finance) )     15 September 2024

Thank you sir. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register