Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naren (Consulltant)     21 May 2012

Gift deed- property registration

If I want to gift my self acquired apartment to my sister through a registered gift deed, does she on registration of property in her own name has to again pay stamp duty & registration fees. The apartment is in Ghaziabad. Is there any maximum amount for stamp duty in case of gifted property. The apartment was purchased for 20Lakh in 2005 and is worth around 40Lkn now.

Learning

2 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     21 May 2012

Originally posted by :naren
"
If I want to gift my self acquired apartment to my sister through a registered gift deed, does she on registration of property in her own name has to again pay stamp duty & registration fees. The apartment is in Ghaziabad. Is there any maximum amount for stamp duty in case of gifted property. The apartment was purchased for 20Lakh in 2005 and is worth around 40Lkn now.
"

Yes, stamp duty and registration fees is payable upon registration of gift deed, however, since she is your sister the rate of stamp duty is minimal and less than conveyance deed, Contact the local registry for details of stamp duty etc...since the duty differs from state to state.  Stamp duty is payable on the guideline value.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     21 May 2012

Stamp duty and registration fee will be payable as per as the registar office .For the stamp duty and registration fee on gift deed please contact the local registar office of Ghaziabad

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register