LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

FedUp (s)     28 October 2009

Great help!

I got married in Dec 2008 and before my wedding, I made it amply clear to the girl that I was keen on academics and I was accepting this alliance, only because she too is adequately educated (at least by her degrees). It was an arranged marriage. I even told her I had some health problems (uncontrollable fever) earlier that were cured by the time I married.

After marriage, the girl did a U-turn and I learnt that she was sorry to say this an absolute dumbo. I sought an intellectual partner (and stated this as the only basis for this marriage when I first spoke with her). She approved my interests and resoundingly said she is interested in acads too. She has health problems too and her family has an intense history of diabetes (with the risk of her getting it high). I wouldn’t want my kids to inject insulin too early in their life.

I no longer can tolerate her presence in my life, knowing that she royally cheated me into all this. Neither did I have any s*xual relations with her nor did I harass her in any way. I cannot vouch for her mental distress, as she was the one who got me into all this. Will I be charge with mental harassment in any way (for not having s*x with her)?

I didn’t take any dowry except for a medium mattress my father-in-law gifted me. She has been moving in and out of from my home (I don't stay with my parents). So practically, in the last one year, she has hardly lived for more than two months with me and that in spells of few days.

How soon can I get a divorce? Mutually or otherwise…Thanks in advance!   

Learning

3 Replies

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     28 October 2009

If you both opt for proceedings of  'Mutual Divorce' then it will take 6-7 Months only,

or otherwise it will depends upon future legal proceedings if any.

FedUp (s)     28 October 2009

Thanks Mr. Ahmed for your prompt reply. Even if I abstain from s*x, will they file any case against me meanwhile? Pardon me if sound a bit crude 

FedUp (s)     30 October 2009

Any more help on this!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register