Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

soumavo chakraborty   06 August 2024

Hdfc personal loan of 24 lakh

Respected Team,

I would need some help here, 7 months back i took a personal loan for 24 lakhs from HDFC, i was continuing paying EMI of rs 45500 every month.

Recently from july onwards, i am facing some financial crisis, and could not pay the EMI , now as usual bank recovery agents are on my nerves now. Current outstanding is 22 lakhs

I dropped an email to the bank and also spoke with their loan department, that if they can reduce the EMI amount to RS 15000 per month, they are not at all agreeing. 

Instead i got a call from the loan department stating that we will take legal action as we suspect the account in Fraud..

Please kindly help

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 August 2024

If your account was genuine then what is the purpose of calling it as fraud?

If you are not repaying the loan amount then the bank has full rights to recover it by applying due process of law.

Every defaulter will be having one or the other reason for not able to repay the loan amount but may look for one or the other way to somoehow manage to continue to default the same till the arrears becomes a greater amount leading to severe legal repurcussions. 

soumavo chakraborty   06 August 2024

Respected Sir,

I absolutely agree that i have to repay, but what i am saying that instead of 45000 RS EMI , i can pay 15000rs EMI every month sonthat bank can get their money and i can also repay it on monthly basis.

But they are not understanding and saying bank doesn't have any process like that, and as per RBI, this can be considered as Fraud account. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 August 2024

You make a request in writing for restructuring the loan,  if the bank agrees to it then proceed,  if not you cannot force them. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 August 2024

The posting suggests no legal elements. Restructuring the EMI is a purely commercial decision at the discretion of the Banker.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register