LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JSK (home maker)     02 May 2024

Home based work

i want to start with selling of home made soaps and other products .

in this i will \buy from others and sell them under my brand name .

It will be on a very small scale as I m merely trying to start .

what are the legal requirements for this ???

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 May 2024

A business premise is required to obtain a trade license from the concerned state government authorities or the municipal corporation for operating. Trade license is also known as Shop and Establishment registration.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 May 2024

In this arrangement, you need to have affiliation with a manufacturer having the license. You have to provide them the raw material, equipment and packaging etc. They will manufacture the soap or cosmetics for you and get it tested. You can sell it under your own brand name and under your own license.

There is no particular or separate legislation relating to the manufacturing of hand made soaps. The Drugs and Cosmetics Act 1940 and Rules 1945 in India regulate all the manufacturing process relating cosmetics and drugs and under which manufacturing of hand made soap is covered.

Labeling traditional soap is regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act. You need to include just a few details on the soap label: the statement of identity, net quantity of contents, and seller's business information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register