LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil kumar   29 November 2018

Home loan deduction

My bank has deducted 3 months advance EMI of my home loan from my Saving account. Can they do so without intimating me ? I was regular in paying the monthly EMI. now they saying don't pay next three months EMI. is it legal by the bank to do so ?

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 November 2018

Issue a Registered Notice and seek information from them.

Please provide me copies of  laid down norms and the powers under which the Bank deducted 3 advance EMI installments without intimation to depositor, as it amounts to an authoritarian, illegal and improper way that amounts to deficiency of service and harassment of depositor.

If it is a public sector bank file simple RTI Application to PIO named in their website and also file this as complaint in bank's on line site.

If it is some other private sector bank issue notice under Consumer Protection Act.

As per my knowledge, bank is not having such powers to debit your account, contrary to loan agreement terms and conditions.

Sunil kumar   30 November 2018

Thank u so much sir.. for the reply.. it's a private sector bank.. will ask the bank and place the complaints as mentioned.. thank u sir

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 November 2018

If you pay more than stipulated EMI, the extra paid amount will be considered as prepayment and adjusted in your outstanding balance. Now, the new EMI will be calculated using the new remaining balance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register