Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Veerendra   25 October 2024

How to ask for cost of replies ?

Dear all eminent lawyers, 

Brief history : My cooperative housing society was over billing me on various fronts and then when I  protested they declared me as a defaulter. 

They first  sent me a recovery notice u/s 101 of MCS act in 2007 to which I replied through my lawyer and in that reply outlined the overbilling and we asked for the cost of reply. 

Society did not do anything and then after 12 years i.e in  2019 they sent me or recovery notice and I replied to it immediately. In my  replies I asked them to rectify the overbilling. In 2019 they sent me 4 recovery notices and I replied to each one of them through my lawyer.

However, my lawyer asked for the cost of reply only in one reply. 

Till date the society has NOT INITIATED any formal recovery proceedings against me. 

Now my queries : 

1. Can I ask for the cost of reply which I sent in 2007.?

2. In 2019 I sent 4 replies but my lawyer asked only in one reply i.e my 2nd reply. Can I ask for the cost of replies for the other three? 

If the society does not give the cost of replies what are my legal options?

How do I and under which section do I proceed to recover the cost of replies? 

Hope to see many responses and many thanks in advance for the same.

Regards,

Veerendra Darakh.

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 October 2024

Sorry we don't entertain business promotion advertisements here in this forum.

In the subsequent post the original commercial post has been replaced by a post of legal issues, hence my reply is as below:

1.  If you wre very much concerned about the costs for the  reply notice sent in the year 2007, you should have taken action for taht during that time itself at least within three years from that date, it is very badly barrred by limitation.
  2. This claim is also barred by limitation.
1 Like

Veerendra   25 October 2024

Many thanks for the reply.

At that time due to lack of legal awareness I could not do so.

If some one could comment on my second query i.e whether I could ask for cost of replies for the replies sent in 2019 in which my erstwhile lawyer has not specifically asked for cost of replies 

Out of 4 replies sent he has asked for cost of reply only on one letter in the last paragraph.

Thanks once again for the help.

This forum is a great aid in spreading legal awareness and helping distressed people.

It is clear from your contents that the replies were sent long ago i.e., at  least three years prior to this post made here in this forum, therefore any claim made beyond three years for any reason  is barred by limitation 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register