LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     13 September 2011

How to submit video and photographic evidence in dv/divorce?

My wife and I went for mutual divorce. On first motion date she did not appear and sent msg she wants to withdraw. After 2 months she filed dv on me, I filed divorce after 2 months.

In dv and in her reply to divorce, she put allegations that I was a very bad and abusive husband and father thoughout the marriage for seven yrs.

I have recently located hundreds of videos and pics, that I was a very good father and husband with a very happy child and wife throughout the marriage.

I had misplaced them earlier but I located them a month back. I am unemployed so I am arguing my own cases. I wanted to know the process and format for presenting them as evidence against my wife's allegations in both the cases.

Pls guide me, thanks in advance....

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

Mirage,

It is heartening to hear that you are strong and fighting wrong allegations yourself.

You have not said what stage your case is.  Has it passed evidence stage? - if not then producing  video and picture should be easy - just submit documents using form under Rule XII and order 1 of CPC

If  evidence stage has passed, pray for permission  to produce new evidences  to hon'ble judge with correct reason.

If you want to  know which format you should produce the evidence -  video  can  be produced  in a CD and pictures can be submitted in printed form.  Please preserve original media and device on which the video or photo were recorded. You may  be asked to produce them by court.

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     13 September 2011

Thanks for the advice @ onlytruth. Thats what I love abt this site, u get guidance quickly. I had a stroke 3yrs back, I lost my speech, my right hand, parts of my memory. Hence I cud not remember where i stored the pics n videos. I have recovered quite well but still am not able to speak and write properly. But well enough to argue my own cases. Dv is at interim orders stage, divorce is at replication / rejoinder stage. Has evidence stage passed? If so, is memory loss acceptable reason to introduce evidence now? Thanks in advance....

(Guest)

Mirage,

Hats off  to your spirit, i am sure with your courage you will recover most of the loss.

In Your divorce case, evidence stage has not yet passed, so you can submit proofs.  In DV case you need to hurry - otherwise it may not be sonsidered in your interim order. Sumbit documents/evidences in form as per order XII rule 1 on next date and, judge or opposite party object,  give the reason as you have given above. 

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     14 September 2011

Thanks @ only truth, will do that... Btw what does CPC and Ld. mean? See them everywhere..

(Guest)

CPC - Civil Procedure Code

Ld -  Learned, usallay used with advocates of counter parties to show respect. Like ld advocate Mr ABC ..

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     14 September 2011

thanks @ only truth, now i know what they mean....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register