Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand (Team Member)     17 January 2013

Impounding/revoke of passport

Hi Experts,

My Passport was issued by Bhopal office in 2007.after that I moved to Pune for job.In 2009 I got a showcause notice for my address verification for which I duly replied and done with police verification also.few days back in Jan 11 2013 I recieved a letter from Passport office Bhopal that they have not recieved any reply on show cause notice of 2009 and hence decided to Impound my passport.

I have sent a letter to Bhopal office along with a copy of reply sent on 2009 and request them to cancel my impounding of passport

Please advise should I wait for reply from there end or go ahead and appeal against it.

And also please advise can I travel abroad if I appealed in given time frame.As i have to travel to USA for official purpose next month.

Regards

Anand.

Learning

4 Replies

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     18 January 2013

Mr Anand, Please check with the web site the status of your PP and as you are well aware Passport Offices in India to land the citizens into trouble then why not get an appointment with Bhopal and meet them personally . If PP has been impounded then you can not travel abroad at they may have put in the date base of immigrations.

Anand (Team Member)     18 January 2013

Hi Omprakash,I have already sent a registered mail to passport office Bhopal with my communication sent on 2009.

Moreover am also looking for  appealing to chief passport officer new Delhi on Monday.Can i travel abroad if I appeal againt Impounding on timely manner and please let me know how much time it will take to cancel my passport Imponding.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     20 January 2013

Mr Anand if the PP has been impounded and the authority is reluctant to withdraw their order then only remedy is the Court and as usual courts in India are over-burdened with backlog of the cases then how can one predict the time of outcome of the case. Try to reason with the PP office at Bhopal because they know the problem in hand moreover it is very difficult to get an appoitment at Delhi CPP office. Regards

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     23 January 2013

Mr. Anand' I am enclosing the Apex Court Judgement, see if it can help you and understand the problem.

Attached File : 835279354 passport-impounding-.docx downloaded: 374 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register