LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishnu (Software Engineer)     16 February 2012

Indiatimes shopping - is my case strong?

Hi Experts & Friends,

I ordered for a mobile phone through Indiatimes Shopping on 3rd December 2011. It was supposed to be shipped by 6th December 2011. After one week, they told, the order cannot be processed becaused of some technical problem.

For payment, I have paid through my Miles & More Reward Points (like Payback). I have used my 6385 points which is worth Rs.1,277. I was told that it will be refunded within 48-72 hours.

But, it has been more than 2 months. Even after numerous phone calls, emails, escalations, I was only getting false promises for deadlines. But, the refund was not done at all.

One thing to notice here is, I have clearly told them right from the start that my reward points will be expiring by Jan mid, and if they process the refund after expiry, I will not be able to get my points back.

But, no one from their customer care team/escalation team/operation head are responsible and they don't care at all.

More than the money lost, the frustration, time and inconvenience caused is in-tolerable. I want to file a case. I see many such reviews and complaints against Indiatimes. This should be a lesson for them for such ir-responsible behaviour to the customers.

1. I want to know if my case is strong enough to proceed

2. What is the procedure? What things I need to have. Can I do without hiring a lawyer?

Regards,

Vishnu

Learning

2 Replies

Vishnu (Software Engineer)     20 February 2012

Any experts here, could you please answer.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 February 2012

Record, the calls during which, committement to refund is made by the company.

Take screenshot of web page of the company at which phone numbers are displayed. Minute the discussions by email and attach screenshot.

Issue notice/legal notice, to MD and to MD of Times of India group MD, for refund and costs suffered on representation (attach details).The address of the company is probably :

Indiatimes Shopping
C/o Times Internet Ltd.
(Times of India Group)
Top Floor,
10, Darya Ganj,
New Delhi-110002,
India.

Lodge a consumer complaint.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register