Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Is there a punishment for breaking the engagement?

Page no : 2

Jimmy (Manager)     06 September 2014

Diana, comments aside, think logically and not emotionally. When a man dumps a woman or vice-versa, there is not much in the law to file a case and which will stick for long. If he had intercourse with you, prior to your marriage, leading you to believe that you were indeed married, then thats a whole different case. But just dumping after marriage, after a casual affair or even a serious engagement, is not going to stick in the court for long. I think that you are still in love with this guy which is driving all these emotions. Find another man and all will be well. Trust me, there are many good man out there... You just need to look around.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     06 September 2014

you can file different cases on him if you have evidences to prove his 

we appreciate your guts and patience in taken this bold step to save you self and other girls from his actions 

but how much long time you want to stress going legally is the big question in middle you cannot stop and one thing i want to tell in this modern world you can even go through media without disclosing your name with all your proof they will telecast his photo and whole truth will come to light 

Q Slinger (NA)     06 September 2014

Jimmy: Why having s*x with women on the pretext of a marriage is crime where as the same is not for the women? You have any idea how idiotic our laws are?? Did you know there are women out there are who hardly know the guy and yet threaten to file rape case of him if he doesn't marry her. This is called blackmail and women are doing this impunity because our stupid laws are letting women like Diana take advantage of it.

Fact of the matter is simple, the guy went around had s*x and left. The women should have been the ones with more brains right...then why do they have s*x with a person they are not married to? They read all these cases in the news about s*x before marriage and all the stigma attached and yet like fools they go ahead with it? Reason is simple...the women know that the only way to trap a man is to first have casual s*x with him, and once that is done threaten him with a rape case if he doesn't marry her!

One needs to look from both angles! Just because a woman said it does not mean the absolute truth! 

Jimmy (Manager)     06 September 2014

Q Slinger.... you are right. I can supplement your answer with this - If the situation was reversed and the girl had dumped the boy, and it happens all the time, could he have approached the court claiming that by having s*x with the girl he was emotionally injured when she dumped him after getting engaged?  Could he go to court and show proof that she had a few other boyfriends and therefore claim compensation or her imprisonment?  Answer is NO. NO. NO.  yes, cases can be filed but such cases cannot be won even if there is evidence because it is not illegal to have s*x with multiple unmarried partners/friends before marriage. Proving will be difficult. Applying law not easy. 

Venki (Fin)     07 September 2014

We are seeing people filing rape cases against husband these days in media. May be that is the try.

But end is dead.... to prevent a guy/lady from committing same mistake again, either they have to kept in jail for full life or they should be changed by any means( i mean they should be made good citizens). Unless these happens, problem continues... reason being no court gives punishment for life time, in such cases. Probably it could end up in couple of years. But,  do you think he will not do the same after his terms or from behind bars?  Its a wake up time for our society and think to go beyond law to address these issues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register