Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Khushi   23 July 2024

Issues with neighbours

I live on the fourth floor in Delhi with my parents for 13 years. My neighbours who live below us have been creating nuisance and giving us threats.

We have installed a duct in our shaft for our air cooler for last 12 years . And no one has had any objections for the same but for the last one month , our neighbours have been threatening my parents saying it's illegal and we should remove it .

When we asked our other neighbours they said they have no problem with the duct .

And yesterday the lady who lives below said to my parents  "Now see what I can do , you'll repent it . Now stop me if you can." 

They have been making false narratives that they aren't able to breath because of it.

Her son shoutes and curses us at his home .

What steps should I take for the same?

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 July 2024

Dealing with a noisy neighbor in an apartment in Delhi can be challenging, but there are steps you can take to address the issue: 1. _Talk to your neighbor_: Try to resolve the issue amicably by talking to your neighbor and explaining how the noise is affecting you. 2. _Contact the apartment association_: If talking to your neighbor doesn't work, reach out to your apartment association or Resident Welfare Association (RWA) for help. 3. _File a complaint with the police_: If the noise is excessive and disturbing the peace, you can file a complaint with the local police station under Section 133 of the Delhi Police Act. 4. _Seek legal action_: As a last resort, you can file a civil suit against your neighbor seeking damages or an injunction to stop the noise. Additionally, you can also: - _Keep a record_: Document the noise disturbances, including dates, times, and details of the disturbance. - _Seek support from neighbors_: Talk to other neighbors who may also be affected by the noise and gather support. - _Contact local authorities_: Reach out to local authorities like the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) or the Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC) for assistance. Remember to approach the situation calmly and try to find a mutually acceptable solution.

Khushi   23 July 2024

Thank you sir .

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     24 July 2024

Repeated story, as observed from your profile.

posted a new topic in forum Threats from neighbours

posted a new topic in forum House disputes 

replied to a topic in forum Issues with neighbours 

posted a new topic in forum Issues with neighbours

More 

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=1057834

You have adequately been advised, now you must consult a local prudent lawyer if you are not satisfied with the obligation of experts on this platform.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 July 2024

If the neighbor is posing threats then you can make a complaint against them with the association or with the police about the nuisance as well as the threats posed by them

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register