LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

YOGENDER SINGH   18 May 2024

It is necessary to mention caste in land purchase papers for sc

I belongs to SC category from UP but doing job in uttarakhand as unreserved category (SDO in irrigation department) , here I want to purchase land for house construction but most of land selling for plots are agriculture land in uttarakhand and so my question is that it is necessary to mention my sc caste in sell deed ? I don't want to reval my caste in land papers.I can do this? 

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 May 2024

It is not mandatory to mention the case in the property registration documents or any other documents. 

If you choose not to have them mentioned then there is no compulsion on you.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     18 May 2024

In UP and uttarakhand state while purchasing the property there is a clause where you have to mention in your sale deed  that the purchaser or seller belongs to SC category or not , in the sale deed you have to mention only your category not your cast  .

YOGENDER SINGH   18 May 2024

I originally belongs to sc category in up but I qualified ukpsc in open category in uttarakhand so in my job records, my category is unreserved/ general  than still It is mandatory to mention sc category in sale deed / land purchase papers if i purchaseland in uttarakhand?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register