Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Judicial system - civil judgemnet - perception

hello,
just a judicial system question.
it was a known fact/or what i heard, that  judges in court spends few minutes on each case before giving a judgement,gven the backlog of cases we have.
but when i looked at some sample judgement online, in civil suit cases, i see that even though case runs for years/decades,when it comes to the final judgement, i see that all the facts are captured in detail in the final judgement copy ,including everything that was submitted from both parties.
so,when court/judges spends very few minutes on each cases,given the huge backlog we have ,how is it possible to capture the entire details in the judgements? who prepares the final judgemnet out? also, how can judge frame issues without going through the entire details?

Learning

1 Replies

AJIT HARIRAM LAKHANI (LECTURER)     07 January 2018

Hi,

A Judge is a Judge. He has vast experience behind his back. It is not necessary for him to have long hours hearing on the matter. Even, the role of advocates of the litigants is also very important. At the time of final arguments, a Judge hear the advocates of parties at length, who take him through the entire case against each other and thereby giving him fair knowledge of the issues involved in the case. So when a Judge sits to write Judgment, most of the time, he has some small notes prepeared by him while hearing arguments of the advocates of litigants on his table. It is not at all difficult to give elobrate Judgment on any issue. If you were a Judge, it could have been even easy for you too to write an elobrate Judgment. Moreover, some times the advocates of parties submit written arguments also at the end of their arguments. 

Only a Judge writes his Judgment ( I mean dictate). No one else write Judgment for him. I hope, your doubt is clear to your satisfaction.

Regards,

AJIT LAKHANI.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register