LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AMIT KUMAR (Business)     02 May 2024

Kindly help

My wife is extremely egoistic, narcissistic and lacks manners. Arguments between us are very common. However, my wife has epilepsy, and her parents have advised us not to stress her out, as it could trigger an attack causing her to fall down. The problem is that she doesn't consider herself truly married and does whatever she wants which makes me and my dad angry.. When I or my father try to make her understand (preach her), she threatens to call her parents, who always take her side (her father speaks very rough words with me). The situation is now like we can't utter a word to her due to pressure from her parents. I'm worried that if anything happens to her due to epilepsy attack, her parents will blame me only. This stress is also affecting my health. I am too much worried about this situation which only raising my blood pressure. 

Learning

7 Replies

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     02 May 2024

Consult a doctor. Not a legal problem.

Thank you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 May 2024

If you find it difficult to continue the married life in the given situation you can plan to file a judicial separation petition or divorce petition itself on the grounds of cruelty.

She may not cooperate with you even if you take her for counselling, hence you may decide based on the need of the hour.

Acorn Legal Consultant   02 May 2024

If you think that your wifes parents may backfire you etc. for some epilipsy attack etc.  then better go ahead with Mutual Consent Divorce as till now you must have tried all things .

Thanks & regards

Adv Anish palkar

AMIT KUMAR (Business)     02 May 2024

But sir what if wife took stress wile talking about mutual divorce and has an epilepsy attack later on , her parents might still backfire. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 May 2024

Were you informed of the aspect of epilepsy before solemnisation of marriage?

AMIT KUMAR (Business)     03 May 2024

Yes, she informed before marriage

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 May 2024

You were advised to file a contested divorce case on the grounds of cruelty if the prevailing circumstances are beyond tolerance to continue this married life. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register