LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balan   24 April 2024

Leave & license agreement

As an Owner, I had given my apartment on L&L agreement to a tenant in Dec 2022 and at the time of the L&L registration it was for a period of two years. Since in the middle of 2023, I got a good offer for the sale of the said apartment, I gave a notice to my tenant as per the L&L agreement cancellation clause and he agreed to vacate the apartment and vacated the premises in Nov 2023. I also settled his Security Deposit after he vacated the apartment immediately.

Do I need to do anything more to cancel the above L&L agreement as I proceed to complete the sale of my said apartment as the L&L agreement tenure is till Dec 2024. Kindly advice. Thanks

Learning

9 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 April 2024

Execute a deed of Surrender of the Lease with the tenant.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 April 2024

As you have evidence for terminating the L an L agreement and also for having returned his deposit amount, you may not have to do anything in furtherance.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     25 April 2024

Once both the parties to leave & licence agreement has agreed to cancel the agreement  and acted upon for cancellation then you need not to worry and have to do nothing.

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 April 2024

Yes, the agreement stand concluded from both the sides. the tenant having vacated the premises and security deposited having been returned and duly accepted, neither party have any subsiting claim over the other.

Is there any subsequent develpment that has urged you to post this query?

Balan   25 April 2024

Thanks for all of your kind responses.

No, Since I am proceeding on sale of the apartment wanted to be doubly sure the sub registrar office should not raise any issue regarding this L&L agreement which has been registered earlier in 2002 and at the time of sale now that is all. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 April 2024

"..................the sub registrar office should not raise any issue regarding this L&L agreement which has been registered earlier in 2002 and at the time of sale ................."

This aspect could be taken care in the recitals in the sale deed.

Balan   25 April 2024

Thanks for your kind advice. Do appreciate taking your time to provide answers to my queries.

Jyothi Reddy   26 April 2024

If your L&L is registred then go for surreder deed with your tenent which mandatory as the EC shows your property is  given on leave & license.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 April 2024

You are welcome for your appreciations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register