Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yaqub   22 July 2016

Legal rights

Jai Hind to everybody.

This is the first time I have registered and entered in this forum. I am having a query to understand a legal rights on the issue: My mother-in-law~Mrs. Sybil stays in her late husband's parental house for the past 35 years; she always tells me that she is a guest in this house as there is no rights for her; which was never being defined by her husband in his life. Her husband's father registered the flat on his daugher's name (Ms. Iris~spinster) but not on the son's name and this was done almost 25 years ago. Husband's father and he died earlier; husband's sister is staying in an old home. I just wish to know as what is the legal rights for Mrs. Sybil on this property (flat currently costing 90Lacs). Ms. Iris is planning to sell the flat in near future through her nephew. Unfortunately Mrs. Sybil is the guardian for all her activities (medical and administrative). Now she doesn't know where she will stay if she is asked to vacate the flat. Rgds. Y

Learning

4 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     22 July 2016

Possession is NINE point in law.

That is mere possession for past 35 years and legal wife she had right over this property.

She had equal share in that property if daughter want to sell that property then she need sot give that share to her then she can do sale deed of that property.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 July 2016

You have posted that:

' Her husband's father registered the flat on his daugher's name (Ms. Iris~spinster)'.

Thus she is not owner.

She may contemplate filing for mainataince.

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 July 2016

"Unfortunately Mrs. Sybil is the guardian for all her activities (medical and administrative)." Thsi statement lacks clarity.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 July 2016

Pls respond to the point raised by Expert Mr. P. Venu.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register