Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Advait khare (Software engineer)     09 December 2011

Liabilities of a son

Sir,

I am 37  years old and started doing Job from 24yrs onwards. My Father has some personal loans which he recently taken for his business and for my brothers education. I was not informed/involved in anything and  I am not using any of my father properties but I have my own assets which I have earned on my own. Would I be liable to pay my father loans incase he is unable to pay..PLease let me know how it would impact me incase my father is not in a position to pay and none of his properties are sufficient for the loan amount

Learning

4 Replies

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     09 December 2011

Dear Khare,

You need not worry.  Your assets are not liable for ur father's debts.

Advait khare (Software engineer)     10 December 2011

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the quick reply. I heard from some advocate saying a son inherits properrties as well as debts from father. My father doesnt have any ancestral properties. Whatever he has is his self-learning and whatever  I have is my self-learning. Can you elaborate more on what all a son inherits from his father.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     10 December 2011

Dear Khare,

If a son inherits any property from his father, he is liable for the debts of his father to the said extent of the property .  In your case, all the property owned by is your self acquired.  so, you are not liable for your father's debts.  Ok....

Advait khare (Software engineer)     10 December 2011

Dear sir,

Thankyou

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register