Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JUDE DSOUZA   20 August 2024

Missing original sale deeds

Good day,

I and my mother (in that order) are joint owners of an apartment in N.Mumbai, purchased from the original owner in 1988.

We have initiated a search at the Thane Registrar's Office for the sale deeds between CIDCO and the first buyer and also between the first buyer and ourselves.

The first sale deed is traceable but we do not have the original receipt from the Thane Office in order for them to hand over the document.  We have filed an FIR.

We have the original receipt from the Thane Office for registration of the sale deed between the first buyer and ourselves but this document is not traceable at Thane.

Could you please advise the remedy for both cases?

Learning

3 Replies

JUDE DSOUZA   20 August 2024

The Sale Deed document #1 is located at Thane. Its original receipt (to enable them to hand it over to us) is missing and an FIR has been lodged.  I understand that they will release the document to us basis the FIR copy.

Document #2 is missing at the Registrar's office in Thane itself.  We have the original receipt for it.  We will now file an application seeking a written response from the Registrar.

The advice sought is how to address these two issues, aside from the above developments.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2024

You can catch hold of a document writer in and around the registrar office who is well versed with the procedures in this regard and engage his services for submitting an application and for all such further issues in this regard instead of straining yourself without knowing the loopholes to get the work done effecively.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register