Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sjay   16 November 2015

Money send to her acc for fixed deposit --is it stridhan

Hello,

We have been mrd for 8 yrs. When I was abroad , I sent 1,00,000 Rs x 4 times (in span of 2 yrs) to my wife's  acc to make Fixed deposit/investment . As I was abroad it was with her name joint with her father (my father-in-law) .

These above 4 Laks is apart from the maintanance that I sent ..approx 3-4 laks in year that I sent as maintance . My wife is working women in Govt ..and get almost 40,000 PM (working for approx 4-5 years) .

I have not demanded any ornaments or any other belonging from her at all and just told to return that 4 Lakhs Rs FD which she demanded as "Stridhan" . Is this true ?

I have a 6 years old Son.

Thanks

PK

Learning

10 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     16 November 2015

Money sent by U to her account during the tenure of UR marital life,how can it be described as stridhan?

Sjay   16 November 2015

thanks for your reply Sir!

I am bit  confused what Sree wrote --> https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/What-is-Stridhan--6777.asp#.VknEub66bIU

So how can I proof that it was not meant by for her expenditure .. it was about to invest on behalf of me. When relation was normal we dont do any written thing with wife you know.

Pls advice .

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     16 November 2015

Stridhan means what ever she bought from her parental house at the time of marriage.( It includes dowry,gold,assests etc).So now U have strained relations.U have to prove in the court that the money was sent for investment on UR name in india.U can produce the money transfer statements.U can contradict the joint investment made on her father,u should ask him to prove that.

Sjay   17 November 2015

Thank you sir for the reply. The realtion has been broken down as she was involved another realtion with a man and I got the what app chat msg. I have proof that I sent money from my indian bank acc to her bank acc. In the very first day she told all those she doesn't want and when she met lawyer she got that idea. So be fore I proceed I want to make sure she can't say that money sent for her expenditures/shopping or etc. If she can tell that or not to define this as stridhan. Because her lawyer told so there might be some twick.

yogendra (engineer)     17 November 2015

since that is joint account..you can tell money was given to father in law as he borrow from you.file IPC 406 420 case on father in law and wife by using bank statement.Make proof that you demanded and they not returned.

Call father in law and demand money.Record this call.save original device.If he deny it is fit case for 406.

After that file IPC 406 420 case for recovery your money.

Sjay   17 November 2015

Thanks gor the feedback. Money sent to sinhle acc of my wife. From there either cash or cheques it the FD might be made ..and that FD is joint. My father in law , mother in law requested so many times to return that but she refused saying stridhan which her lawer might have told. I have a call recording where my father in law accepted that money was meant to be my investment and not to her as gift.

SuperHero (Manager)     18 November 2015

Originally posted by : Sjay
Thanks gor the feedback.

Money sent to sinhle acc of my wife. From there either cash or cheques it the FD might be made ..and that FD is joint.

My father in law , mother in law requested so many times to return that but she refused saying stridhan which her lawer might have told.

I have a call recording where my father in law accepted that money was meant to be my investment and not to her as gift.

Stridhan is given at Marriage both sides by Parents, Family and Friends...

Stri meaning Women.

Dhan meaning Donating.. Like Donating to Charity...

The reason given is Women is the Center of the Family and she is the Protector of the Family....and so on....

If you are at the verge of divorce...then it is better..u forget about money..

If you have faith in God and You will earn more money...What goes around will come back...

Sjay   18 November 2015

Yea that is what I can realize now. But sometimes it comes to my mind that I have to do something to happen something. . GOD won't come to me without my action ...that is where I got stuck

Sjay   18 November 2015

Yea that is what I can realize now. But sometimes it comes to my mind that I have to do something to happen something. . GOD won't come to me without my action ...that is where I got stuck

siddhartha sinha   18 November 2015

You have sufficient proof for the purpose you sent the money. You can expect a thrashing by the judge when such case is filed. Clearly it is not streedhan by any method of interpretation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register