Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neeraj Mahajan (CEO)     27 January 2013

Muslim law property distribution among childrens

Hi,

I want to Purchase a Property of a Muslim Family. The property is in the Name of 4 Muslim Brothers. But after signing a purchase agreement a lawsuit was filied by their sister claiming her right in her property. I came to know that they are 4 brothers and 2 sisters. Their father died without giving any will . The property is in the name of 4 brothers in Govt. Records for last 20 years.

Out of the 2 sisters one resides locally and the other has moved to Pakistan 15 years back and now a citizen of Pakistan. The sister who is locally residing has filed a Lawsuit agaisnt the Four Brothers claiming her right on the property which is 10 acre land .

I want to know the right of each member as per muslim Law. 

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     27 January 2013

In that case the property came to be vested in each child (in absence of other relatives) to the tune of 2/10th in each son, and 1/10th each daughter, whether resident in India or not. 

ASIT ( )     27 January 2013

Dear Brother,

Use the below muslim inheritance calculator to  find who is qualified for the inheritance and how much share for each one.

https://inheritance.ilmsummit.org/projects/inheritance/home.aspx

Aijaz H ------- (Accounts)     27 January 2013

Good Link Niyas Bhai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register