LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

payel (software engineer)     26 June 2013

Need help

hello all, i would like to state that i am fighting a contested divorce with my husband for the last 2 years. he is not willing to divorce me. but i have a relationship with another person now and accidentally have become pregnant.

can you suggest if divorce is possible if am carrying someone else's child beside my husband with whome i have been livign separately for the last 2 and a half years. how can i be granted a divorce in this scenario and how soon..

please help as i want to marry the father of my child am carrying and dont want to abort the baby.

Learning

8 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     26 June 2013

He may not be knowing about your relationship with other man and pregnancy so may be that he is not willing for divorce. If you send some some proper mediator to him to convince him then, he may become ready to divorce you in the given circumstances as there is no point in withholding divorce now.  Take the decision after assessing the situation and nature of your husband otherwise he may sue your boyfriend for adultry.

i understand..he knows about the person i have a relation but my question is i do not live with my husband for the last 2 and a half years. in this scenario too is it possible to file a case for adultery?

It wud depend upon what case he brings before the court. 

i didnt get you. how can he bring a case if am not living with him? moreover since this is a contested divorce lasting for the last 2 years..i would also like to know how long such a case last at the most since it has already been 2 years now.

Alwin (PM)     26 June 2013

Ball is now in your legal husband's court. Even though you seperated from him for last 2.5  yrs, he is still your legal husband. Now he has enough options in front of him. Adultary can be easily established against your boyfriend.  So try to get divorce without provoking your husband further. 

Yes, he is still legally your husband so if he wants to harrass your boyfriend he can still do that. As far as the case is concerned then it all depends upon facts & circumstances of the case and also its current stage and there cannot be a general reply. Talk to ur lawyer as to how long it wud take to complete the case.  Try to settle the case amicably now.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 June 2013

Adultery is when a spouse has a s*xual relationship outside the marriage. If you're getting a divorce and adultery has taken place, it can have a significant impact on the divorce.

John Hovis (Head of the DEpartment)     27 June 2013

Hi, guys this is first time i am visiting this forum and so happy to see such a great info here. So many things i came to know new and the way you guys describe everything here sounds amazing. Thanks for all your work will back soon for more updates.

modern picnic basket

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register