Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kesava   13 March 2016

New dob certificate

Hi,

We have adopted a baby girl (aged 3 months) from a relative. The adoption ceremony is completed and adoption deed is registered in sub-registrar office. Previously a birth certificate was issued by municipality with biological parent names in it. Now I want to get a new birth certificate with the changed parent names. What is the procedure for that? what are the required documents? Any useful websites to read about this procedure?

Best Regards,

Kesava

Learning

2 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     13 March 2016

The adoption certificate will be used by the Registrar to create a new birth record. This will list the new adopted information, i.e. the names and information of the adoptive parent(s) as the legal parents of the child. The child's birth date and other details may or may not remain as listed, depending on the circumstances of the birth. Information about the biological parents will be removed from the official record, and the new information regarding the adoptive parents will officially replace the original birth records, if any. The original records will be sealed and filed in confidentiality, only to be released under specific court orders in rare situations.

Kesava   13 March 2016

Thank you Sainath sir. The procedure on the registrar side is clear from your reply. But my question is more specific to the procedure (that I should follow) and the documents to be submitted for getting the new DOB certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register