Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anon Desi   22 September 2024

Newly married wife left house proudly and not contacting for 2 months

Hi Team,
I married last year both software professional. Both earning well. After marriage she came to stay with my family mom dad and little bro.

After marriage, we learnt that she lied about being career oriented, hates to do homely work, does not want my family to stay with us. Has been in many relationships before marriage which she hid very smartly. She is very shrewd, cunning and manipulating person.

Her father who was contactly ill for years passed away and her mother has spoilt her alot. So she is trying to misbehave in same manner with my family. She is cunning and lies all the time to get her way out of any situation.

We are decent and hard working family but she belongs to village side illiterate family. She was pampered and spoilt alot with her crazy demands and luxury life. She does not mind living in debt to maintain her luxury life.

Threatened me for divroce and that she has many contacts to screw up my family. Also she is very vengeful and vindictive person. So I am genuinely scared.

She has tendency to fight for hours even for pettiest things. And she preferrs packing bags and leaving my house to stay with her mother in every fight. She is very voilent abusive and careless. She had been staying with my family like a PG and didd not care about anyone (not even me). She is extremely egoistic and has major attitude problems so even she is explained things in good words she takes in very bad manner and is not scared of anyone or any concequence. So there is no scope for counseling or mutual understanding at any cost. She hates critisicm. She has tendency of making things ugly if things go against her well. Very strong minded and voilent person. Even her mother is scared of her outbursts and abuses. She is kind off proud that others are scared of her.

Legal issues :
- I have recorded her audio/videos where she was getting abusive and threatening about divorce and blaming my family for everything.
- house car and bike is on my name (loans going on)
- her relatives and mother somewhat knows how she behaves when angry so I got a quick recording where she aggred how her daughter can behave in abusive manner
- she threatened many times that laws are in favour of girls so she can very easily screw up my family members and leave happily. She does this indirectly so that I don't pick her words and make a scene. And I am really scared of this.
- she left my house for last 2 months. And in marriage of 10 months, she stayed with me only for 4 months total.

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 September 2024

You have narrated a lengthy story here without seeking opinion to your problem.

What have you decided to do in furtherance so that opinion can be rendered accordingly 

Anon Desi   22 September 2024

Dear Sir,

intention for the post 

• Me and my family are fed up of her ill mannered behavour and constant threats and fights. We have tried alot to explain her things and calm her. Even she is fed up of this marriage but is not saying it out loud as she wants to blame us for divorce later. So we want to divorce her gracefully.  
  • need help to protect my assets mentioned above
  • need help to protect myself and my family from false alligations 
  • need help to legally approach this situation without much problems. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 September 2024

You can file a contested divorce case on the grounds of cruelty.

If she's resorting to false criminal case against you then you may obtain anticipatory bail.

In any case, she cannot claim any share in your property as a right at least not during your lifetime.

Born Fighter (xxx)     26 September 2024

Hello

1. There are only negatives about her...just 4 months in 10 months of marriage she stayed with you...so she is not keen to continue the marriage. 
  2. It appears you are done with her as well. If that's so then divorce is bound to happen and you have no choice but to face it.
  3. Divorce - Mutual or Contested is something that u can strategize to the extent possible as there appears to be still time left
  4. My suggestion- put some family member in between and find out what she is up to. You can't gid rid of her easily unless you shell out money or else you will waste ur life in courts. Be ready to pay and get rid of her if you want to live your life peacefully.  She will ask for money for sure!
  5. Keep gathering evidence to protect ur skin as ur rightly doing if things go to the courts
  6. Keep calm and don't react in anger as she may be gathering evidence as well
  7. Don't waste ur time on someone who puts you under constant threats and treats you and your family the way u have described. There are many red flags if ur story is genuine.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register