LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arjun (md)     20 December 2012

Old dob certificate vs new dob certificate

my correct date of birth is 09-10-1988 and i have an old DOB certificate issued from MCD (municipal corporation of Delhi , now DMC ) with the same date but it is manual i.e handwritten not printed. all the certificates like DL,PAN,SSC or any other id for that matter have the same date.

i recently requested a new computer printed online DOB certificate from the authority with the photocopy of the old and they returned it approved but with the DOB as 08-10-1988 . now  i showed them the original old certificate and they accuse me of tampering the certificate for just one day of change in date .This means that the certificate genuineness is in question.They replied that the new certificates are issued from their records and cannot be changed.
I also visited the hospital in which i was born but they did not have such an old record.

the question is

how to get the change in Date in the new printed DOB but it was correct in the old hand written DOB ?

how to prove that the certificate is genuine or is not tempered in case ?

can i view my MCD DOB records which they have as proof.if yes then how ?

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2013

If MCD records say that your DOB is different from that of the original DOB certificate you have in your possession and if the authorities are refusing to correct it, call for information under RTI and initiate further action based on the information obtained under RTI Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register