Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj singh (Engineer)     01 January 2012

Please advice. selling property government employee

Friends,

I am working as an Government employee in a municipal dept. Before starting the job, I bought one property which I forogt to mention in the assets documents which I submitted for my job.

I want to sell that property now but I am scared whether that will cause any issue because I didn't disclose that I own that property when I joined the municipal dept.

I would thankful to you if you can advice on this matter. 

Learning

3 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     01 January 2012

You can make an application for inclusion of the same in the property statement with the fact of purchase details.Thereafter, you can sell it  with permission.

Manoj singh (Engineer)     01 January 2012

Sir,

Thank you very much for the reply. 

I need to sell this property as soon as possible so what if I dont submit the details of the property to municpila dept and sell it without their consent/information. Do you see any negative impact because of me selling this property without my dept information/consent.

I have nothing to hide but need to sell this property asap so I dont want to get into the hassle of paperwork and it might delay the sale also.

Please advice.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     01 January 2012

As Government employee, you are governed by the conduct rules.If the sales done by you is brought to light,you may have to land in troubles with disciplinary action etc., when you will have to face the charge of suppression of fact in the property statement .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register