Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HK (Job)     20 August 2024

Police statement

My relationship with my wife and her family is quite bad. I first made a complaint to the police when my wife came with her family to abuse us. Her family then started threatening that they would also call their own police. Later, my wife made false allegations via complaint at the women's police station (Mahila Thana) 600 kms away. Her intention is to make me write in a statement that I am guilty and will never make the same mistake again.Moreover, she also wants me to write that I will leave her father and stay with her only. What should I do if the women's police station forces me to write all that? 

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 August 2024

Any statement given before police is not enforceable in law hence you can decide whether to give statement but don't act accordingly or to deny giving any statement and challenge the case in court.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     21 August 2024

You will have to contest the complaint / case(s) filed against you, which is a pressure tactics adopted by your better-half.

It is advisable to seek professional services of a local prudent lawyer if the matter moves to Court.

HK (Business)     21 August 2024

Thank you so much to everyone for replying. I will give statement in mahila thanna only as per my will

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2024

You can choose whichever appears to be better for you based on the circumstanes prevailing at your end

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register