Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nathpai12343 (researcher)     12 July 2013

Procedure in a consumer case

Hi dear Experts,

I want to file a medical neglience case against a doctor in a district consumer forum. I wanted to know what is the procedure/steps in a consumer trial and how much time it takes for decision to come?

Thanks 

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     12 July 2013

In such serious cases partaining to medical negligence, it is better to take the help of a local lawyer instead of doing it all yourself. Of course if you have good knowledge of the topic as well as procedure you can file and persue it yourself also.

Nathpai12343 (researcher)     14 July 2013

Thank you very much for your reply Adv. Archana. But before consulting any advocate I wanted to know the steps in a consumer case specifically in regards to consumer complaint filed in district consumer forums at Mumbai.

akrit (teacher)     16 July 2013

Hi, I believe you can easily file a consumer case against the doctor but you need to have supporting documents to lay out your claim clearly, but several courts in India have been of the view that a doctor’s advice does not amount to medical negligence unless some conditions are fulfilled, being a layman I am not well versed with these things but in a similar case I have taken help from www.lawkonect.com and they helped me out of the situation with sheer experience and expertise. They gave me a call at the moment I putted in my query in their database.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register