LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Binny John Abraham   28 June 2017

Recovery agents

I have been subjected to mental trauma by the recovery agents for not even owning/primaryp or secondary party.

My borther had a ABN card 12 years ago and its been 10 years since he moved to Australia. I don't know from where but they have got my contact details including my work place and family and have been continously harrassing me. they stoop down to lowest while commuincating and even threaten with dire consequences. I do not fear for the consequences but the constant harrassment. The  recovert agent is third party and is not giving any authentic proof to verify the usage whihc is worth 30K only. We doubt it to be for identitity theft however will prefer staying out of the legal formalities. Having said the same i do not intend to pay it off for my brother unless authentice information is shared which since the past 2 months they have not been able to share.

tried 1090 and i have been asked to block the numbers. the rpoblem is the call origin is Mumbai and i am in Punjab. Kindly advice

Learning

9 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 June 2017

Record all calls.

Check and relate the number in list of recovery agents published by bank/agency at its website.

Tell pointblank that you are not the CC holder.

Threre are many threads at LCI that you can search thru SEARCH option and download the relevant rules and judgments etc e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp

If you are unable to handle then entrust the matter to a local senior very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in consumer matters.

Your counsel may opine that the matter is hopelessly time barred. 

will writting to a concerned in the higher up (CEO - KOTAK Mahindra) help?

Although i doubt but still hopeful at the present state i am in,

If you wish, you may, with a copy to CGM,Governor RBI,

Lodge police complaint also, under proper acknolwedgment.

If you are not averse to conulting local counsel and are confidne tof handling on your own then you may.

The ARC may press you to reveal the contact details of borrower. 

Sir the borrower is very much accessible on mails/watsapp and calls as time permits and have asked them to share the details whihc they have not until now since the past 2 months now.Its them who insists to get the money deposited with any questions/quries answered by them whihc i am not willing to.

Since you were never said CC member, you are not liable. 

Record all calls and caution them not to disturb you.

The startegy of recovery agency/agent is clear: To get the payement from anyone by any means without proividing any document on record. 

Originally posted by : Binny John Abraham
Sir the borrower is very much accessible on mails/watsapp and calls as time permits and have asked them to share the details whihc they have not until now since the past 2 months now.Its them who insists to get the money deposited with any questions/quries answered by them whihc i am not willing to.

Build record and lodge complaint(s).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register