Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Assim Ujjawal   26 July 2024

Recruitment

Respected Sir

We won a case in CAT and Delhi High court. There were 13 cases clubbed with us since the matter was same. One of the cases was filed by govt department as lead case which was not our case. Now they have said in CAT in contempt proceedings that they will assail the High court order in supreme court, again making the other case as lead case. Now nobody from that case number is interested in fighting. So will it matter if we file caveat in our case or is it best that the caveat is filed in the lead case number. If we file caveat in our case, will it not be of same effect as if it is filed in lead case. Kindly explain how it works in clubbed cases.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 July 2024

The caveat petition is filed only to prevent the opposite party to get any order aginst you in your absence i.e.,to prevent the court from passing any exparte interim order, hence if you feel that the opposite party is likely to get a stay in your case, then you may have to file a caveat petition pertaining to your case 

Assim Ujjawal   27 July 2024

Sir what if I do not expect them to get any relief. I mean their case has no merit and already one of the clubbed cases has filed caveat.So ibwas hoping if we could save money in caveat

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 July 2024

You are not serious about youri ssue getting solved, if you have decided to drag the issue endlessly then you can go ahead as per your own decision instead of seeking advices from various experts/forums

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register