LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonn   15 August 2024

Renovation of flat but society is not allowing

I have purchased a flat in a society and the registration is done in my name, 75% of the amount is paid to the seller and 25% amount will be paid in 2 months as per the agreement. I have given the society the copy of agreement and informed them that I will start the renovation work in the flat. The seller has no issue with the same, but the secretary said that the renovation work cannot be done until the transfer of flat is done in my name. So my question is Can I renovate the flat registered in my name but the transfer is not done in my name since it will take me 2 months to complete the balance payment to the seller and receiving the NOC, possession letter from the seller and submit it to the society. If I follow what the society says than 2 months time will be wasted and I cannot do any work. Is there a solution to it according to the bye-laws or any middle ground so that I can start the work and in the mean time pay the balance payment to the seller. Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 August 2024

You are not a legally recognised owner of the property yet, you hve just paid an advance amount and got only a sale agreement entered into and not a registered sale deed on your name, hence the objection raised by society is legally valid you cannot agitate or object their rulings in this regard.

You can wait for the title to be conferred on you to carry out the desired work in the house property that you will be occupying after registration of the same to your name. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     16 August 2024

Contact the vendor of the flat/ member of the society to arrange "no objection" for you. However, society is not bound by the agreement for sale. 

Siddhi   16 August 2024

Why not ask vendor to initiate renovation work at your cost and approvals to save on time and hassle with the society. He should agree to it having got 75% of sale value.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register