Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DD_80 (IT)     09 July 2011

Rent increment problem

Sir,

I am staying at Pune with my family in rented house since last 11 months’ am paying rent 4000/- month + 500/- society maintains charges.

After staying 3-4 month I had faced issue with the owner. On that time he wanted to sell his property and wanted to terminate my tenancy before the expiration and that issue got resolved he decided not to sell his property and he had told me to continue stay for one more year and even I had told him clearly that my wife is pregnant and i don’t want to vacant the flat until dec 2011 or jan2012.and he agreed that time. This conversation happed over the phone 3 month before.

Now, situation is different. This month (31st July, 2011) my rent agreement is going to expire.

And my owner called me to renew the agreement and increase the rent from 4000/- to 6000/- per month.(maintains charges 500/- extra).

I told him as per our 3 month back conversation i should continue to stay till Dec 11 or Jan 12. Now he tells me different way and very rude manner. If I don’t want to pay 6000/-per month as rent then I can vacant the flat.

I politely told him that you can increase the rent 1000/- and I can pay only 5000/- as rent. He is not listening to me and wants to increase 6000/- per month as rent.

In this area maximum rent is 5000/- amount and there are lots of problem in this society like water problem, electricity problem and safety/ security problem.

I have also told him, I can pay 6000/- as rent if he solve only the water problem. Even he is not interest to solve the problem which i am facing in this flat. As an owner he should resolve the tenant problem. Because I am staying here with proper rent.

It’s very difficult to vacant the flat now because of my wife is pregnant. I had told him so many times. Even this is the case I would move 3-4 month before when he wanted to sell his flat.

Sir, I don’t want to vacant the flat now. And I want to renew the agreement from the next month (Aug 2011) with 5000/- rent per month (old rent 4000/- per month).

I have only formal rent agreement and it’s not registered; he just made it on Rs 100/- stamp paper. I have Xerox copy rent agreement and he has original copy .and this rent agreement is gong to expire on 31st July 2011.

Sir, kindly advice me and help me, if he is not renew the agreement, then what should I do.? Is there any law or rule that I can continue my tenancy?

How to pay the next month rent? Normally I pay the rent via advance cheque deposit I had given him 11 months cheque in advance. Now this month is the last month.

How much rent amount can be increased during renewal?

Owner is very greedy and every time he creates different type of problem. Single word he is harassing our family. I am so much flustered.

Sir, please reply me with positive solution.

Thanking You.

Learning

1 Replies

DD_80 (IT)     11 July 2011

Sir,

Please anyone reply me on the above topic. i need help and advice from you..

Thanking You.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register