LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sudhirghabasu (advocate)     05 August 2024

set aside exparte decree

sir madam not complied with. subsequently exparte decree was passed. now I have filled a petition to s aside exparte decree.
court says set aside petition to set aside exparte decree cannot be filed. I have argued the case.
court says when conditional order was not complied with the petitioner cannot seek set aside exparte decrees
I am a practising lawyer. I have filled a petition to set aside exparte order passed by family court. I am assisting the husband referred by District Legal services authority.
the family court was please to set my CL exparte. subsequently I have filled a set aside petition. in which a conditional order to pay Rs 5000/ to the wife was passed. unfortunately conditional order was .
the court seeks precedents.
can you please give your valuable suggestions and opinions.
with regards
Sudhir Basu advocate

Learning

2 Replies

Alisha Kohli   05 August 2024

Which decree u r talking  about 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 August 2024

You can file a revisioon petition before high court seeking to extend the time limit set for complying the conditional order and permit you to pay the costs for as a condition to set aside the exparte order.

There is a delay in complying with the conditions hence you may seek to condone delay through high court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register