LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mrv16071997 (N.A)     21 November 2011

Share of property

Sir, we got our ancestral proprty divided by way of registration between my father's family, and my uncles family ( my fathers brother) in 2006. the divivded properties are still in joint names of our family. and my father is deceased.

we had given our land for joint development to a builder in 2007, in that MOU all of my family members signed the MOU, but due to some reason the buider was not able to proceed with the project and he has demanded  for the refund of advance and we also agreed for that.

Now we are proposing to give the land for joint development to another builder, but one of my sister is refusing to sign the MOU for unknown reasons. i also issued a legal notice asking her to join us for the MOU or identify her share of land and get it fenced, since we are ready to leave her share in any side of the land.but  she didn't  reply for the notice.

1) what step shall we take now?

2) can we enter into a MOU in the absence of my sister, by mentioning in the MOU that she is also entitled to her share but she has failed to join us to sign the MOU.inspite of giving her legal notice.

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     21 November 2011

Dear Mallesh,

you cannot have a MOU without your sister's consent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register