LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Viswanathan Venkatraman   16 September 2024

Stamp duty and registration charges on corpus fund and advance amc

I am from Tamilnadu and have purchased an apartment from a reputed builder. Builder has indicated that the amounts payable towards Corpus fund and Advance maintenance charges for 12 months will be included in the cost of flat and will attract stamp duty and registration charges.I am of the view that these are not amount due and payable to builder and by browsing the net also find that it does not form part of the flat cost.Are there court judgements to support this? pl guide.

Viswanathan V

viswaprema2000@yahoo.com

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 September 2024

The builder is trying to fool you and getting more money in the name of stamp duty and registration charges.

Ask him to show the registration document containing this particular amount reflecting as sale consideration amount.

The corpus fund and the AMC  amount are totally different to that of the original  sale consideration amount, you can refuse the same and if the builder is still insisting then you can send a legal notice demanding him to tell that under which provision of law that he is demanding this amount after which you can escalate the matter not only through legal forum but also through newspaper and other social media, by which the reputation of the builder will be shattered.

1 Like

Viswanathan Venkatraman   16 September 2024

Thank You Sir. I have aske for the relevant rules.He says Registration auth are insisting on Agreement value as basis ( which includes Corpus fund and AMC). I have contested and now he says they have referred to Regn auth. Waiting for further inputs from them.Regards. VV 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 September 2024

You can wait until they produce any circular or provisions of law in this regard, if they fail to do so, you may refuse to accept their demand.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register