LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harish prabhu (advocate)     01 February 2010

Throwing shoe in the court....

Brothers, I witnessed a ridiculous moment in the court hall, the crl.misc case arguements was going on and a witness of the petitioner, who claims to be the third wife of the respondent in the same case, suddenly threw a shoe on the respondent, whom v r representing in the case, the magistrate took her into custody, since it was already 5.30pm , he gave her to judicial custody, after hearing a long submission by my senior, later the next day she pleaded guilty and paid the fine............the matter got over... for some unknown reason, my senior does not go for further legal action on her, can anybody tell me , wat legal action can b initiated further against her,,,

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
Decided On: 21.10.2009
Appellants: Leila David
Vs.
Respondent: State of Maharashtra and Ors

Please read the above judgment available on www.indiankanoon
This was a case where sandals were thrown at supreme court judges. Though opporunity to apologise were given, opportunity was not availed.  Punishment meted out was 3 months simple imprisonment.
In your case, the lady had pleaded guilty, had alredy underone one day imprisonment as undertrial and also was punished with fine.
If any further action is required to be taken the respondent will have to file case against her for assault under ipc.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     02 February 2010

I agree with Anil Sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register