Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul   22 August 2024

Tiresome credit card issue with hdfc bank

Hi Everyone,

Let me explain:

I have credit card from HDFC bank since 2010, it is renewed time to time by sending a new one.

I took a loan on credit card in 2015. I am paying monthly payment on it since then.

In 2017, they sent me a new card on renewal, the delivery person sent it back stating "non-availability of the address"

My all previous cards, credit and debit came on the same address

Since, then I am requesting them to send the card again but still now in 2024, I didn't got it.

Local representative says that they can't do anything and tell me to ask chennai branch. Chennai branch told me to give a duly signed letter.

I sent them twice, once in 2018 and second in 2022. Both time, they didn't communicated with me. And when after 3-4 months, I asked what happened to my request. They say that "we didn't received your letter"

I am paying installments each month since 2015. they are charging service tax on each installment but refusing to provide me the card so that I can use it.

Please tell me what I can do?

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2024

How did you send the request letter, whether by email or by ordinary post or by courier service or by registered post?

If you had sent by courier service or by registered post then you will be having the proof of delivery through delivery tracking report, on that basis you issue a legal notice to the bank demanding either the card or to cancel the card which has not been provided to you despite passing of over 9 years. 

You can then escalate the matter through consumer forum for all such further reliefs and remedy

rahul   22 August 2024

hello Sir,

I sent letter by registered post.

thanks

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2024

If you have the details of the letter sent to them by registerd post and the acknowledgment card signed by the bank then you can fight against them through the consumer commission for deificiency in service and also for unfair trade prctice.

Remember that the limitation for filing a case before consumer commission is two years only

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register