Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tejan Bhosle   20 October 2024

Toxic and forced work culture

Hi,

I work in a Pune based BPO which works on rotational shifts. Recently I have applied leaves for Diwali to go to my hometown. Firstly management denied my 5 days leave and approved 3 days leave +2 Weekly offs. But now the management is saying that I should apply 5 days leave as they gonna cancel my 2 weekly offs and consider it as leave. The company policy states that I cannot take weekly offs if I am not working 3 days in a week. The same policy also states that mixture of CL and DLs can overrule this policy. So I said to the management that I need 2 CL and 2 DL and 2 weekly offs. The company is denying my request and asking me to apply for 5 days CL. On top the company asks me to work straight 8 days without any Weekly offs inbetween. 

Moreover, the company never gives any national holidays nor festive holidays and when asked the company said that the DL are compansatory leaves for National and Festive holidays. Even though we work on national holidays company never paid double according to labour law of Maharashtra. 

When I talk to HR about the same, HR says that it is sole decision of the manager. 

What can I do in this case? 

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 October 2024

You may peruse the employment offer letter conditions once again to see if you had accepted all these conditions before accepting the employment.

If yes then you have very less chance to agitate or object their rules at this stage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register