Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Looking for answers (owner)     18 January 2016

Working wife alimony

Dear All

Me and wife have filed for MCD, 13B. We have two kids and despite my repeated efforts at reconciliation nothing worked out. We both are drs. We had started a project investing all our savings. She was managing it while I was working in a different place. In fact,she was not allowing me entry in that premise on some pretext or other.

Now, it has been decided that the custody of kids will be with me and she will pay for maintenance of one kid. And she says that since I am not paying her any alimony, she will take over that project and won't share it with me. We both are working.

What I need to know is that,do i need to pay her any alimony since she is also working and equally , rather more qualified than me? My income is not very substantial ( around 25000) since I am working in a drs. clinic, but she says that it s none of her concern and demands a sum of 40000/- p.m. if I chose to keep the kids with her. 

Also, can I ask her to dispose off that project and give my share in that? The project was in names of both of us.

Thanks in advance.

Anuj

Learning

4 Replies

Sidharth   18 January 2016

Yes, you can.

Project is entirely different matter and your matrimonial dispute has nothing to do with it. 

Moreover,  you have filled MCD so every issue must be settle amicably. 

Sidharth   18 January 2016

Yes, you can.

Project is entirely different matter and your matrimonial dispute has nothing to do with it. 

Moreover,  you have filled MCD so every issue must be settle amicably. 

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     18 January 2016

I don't know what sort of projects are they and how much valuable for you both, you didn't mention about those, if she is a working woman and earning handsome then she will not get the maintenance but you have to pay maintenance for your kids, as you both had opted mcd then sit together and make your mou and write it down or engage an intelligent lawyer for you he will draft your mou and then act accordingly as per his guidance .

Looking for answers (owner)     18 January 2016

Thanks a lot, Mr. Sidharth and Mr. laxmi kant Joshi, for giving your valuable time and inputs. It indeed gives me some ground to proceed.

Thanks  again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register