Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Paul   02 February 2024

Arbitration case

I have a SBI Credit Card due of around 2 Lakhs, as I dont have a steady job, I couldn't clear the dues for the past 10 months. I have notified the respective SBI nodal officer and the grievence readdresal officer of my situation and asked for two years to clear the dues. However last week I received Arbitration case letter from Delhi to my residence, which said that the award was passed by the sole arbirator as I didn't attend two hearings (But I didn't get any letters to attend the arbiration hearings).

My question is, Can I make the appeal against the ex parte that is passed?

I am in Chennai, but the Arbitration letter is from Delhi court, should I be going to Delhi to make an appeal ?

How much will it cost for the Appeal and lawyer fees?? Please help!

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     02 February 2024

Against the Award passed by Arbitrator, you need to file objections u/sec 34 of Arbitration and Conciliation  Act before District judge/Commercial  court .

Paul   03 February 2024

Thank you sir. Is there a timeline to file objections? I recevied the arbitration letter of award passed last week only, but in the letter the date mentioned was DEC 28 2023, have I missed the appeal time period ? Please help!

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     03 February 2024

Award passed by Arbitrator  can be challenged by eay of filing  objections u/sec 34 of Act within 90 days from the date of Award. 

Paul   05 February 2024

Thank you sir. Could you please tell me approximately how much will it cost to file objection or appeal ? I am in Chennai, Delhi high court has passed the award. Should I contact an advocate in Chennai in send the appeal filing to Delhi ? It's very difficult for me to go to Delhi in person as I have ailing parents. Please help!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register