Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Archi (3D visualiser)     22 October 2013

Baby's surname issue

Hello

I am Suruchi. My maiden name was Halder. Now after marriage i use it as middle name along with my husbands surname. Now it becomes Suruchi Halder Samaddar.

I want an advise regarding my baby's surname. Can i use my maiden name as a middle name of her? Would it be any problem if i use Halder Samaddar as my dauthers surname?

Will she face any legal problem later, in case of school college admission or other things?

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 October 2013

Halder not  required. Your husband surname is important. Nowadays computers data base is NOT accepting lengthy names. Better to keep names as short  as possible in future purpose.

NARENDER RAO BASAVARAJU (ADVOCATE)     23 October 2013

baby's surname

BABY WILL HAVE  THE SURNAME OF FATHER  ONLY. HENCE FULL NAME OF YOUR BABY WILL BE       NAME OF THE BABY SAMADDAR

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 October 2013

There is nothing wrong naming the baby as you desire.  The surname of a person is for his recognition in the society accordingly.  You are competent enough to decide about the way you want to be recognised in the society, whether by surname or in which name.  Firstly you should decide as to whether you want to give your child your name or your surname or both and whether you want to include the child's father name or his surname or both or whether your want name your child with all the names you have an idea about.  The school application forms have different columns asking the details to be filled up and in the name column, the name what you give will remain attached with the child through out her life.   Be practical and judicious enough on such things.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register